Will consist of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and report to the Board of Directors. The past President may elect to be a member of this committee.
An Executive will chair committees or the Executive(s) will assign a Director as Chair of the committee. Some Committees will have Ad Hoc Sub-Committees. Committees will consist of any interested Director/Advisor &/or Member and report to the Board of Directors.
Each Director will actively sit on a minimum of two main committees, ad hoc committees are not deemed as a separate committee. Directors will all act as a new business ambassador by keeping new member welcome packages provided by the Chamber office and hand it out to new members and help them get familiarized with the Chamber.
Directors will also inform the Membership Committee of any potential members whenever opportunities arise.
MARKETING & ADVERTISING
- Overall supervision of the website, chamber chat, and online presence and strategies.
- MEMBERSHIP [Chair: Brendan Thomson – Keita Inoue|
Benefits, chamber sign, public relations, soliciting new members
- WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA [Chair: Brendan Thomson - Keita Inoue]
Website & Social Media Account Management
- AFTER SIX [Chair: Kate Hart – Terri Pope, Len Weatherall (Member), Sue Bennett (Member)]
- AGM [Chair: Jean Lewis Knight – Julia Hinds]
- NOMINATING [Chair: Vice President] - Executive and one Director chosen by the VP.
This committee will promote an award program for our Chamber members, obtain sponsors for these awards, order and present awards at the AGM.
[Chair: Vice President - Brendan Thomson, John Bailey (Member)]
- General maintenance of building and chamber sign.
- OFFICE RENTAL [Chair: Julia Hinds - Brendan Thomson]
- Consists of the Executive Committee and report to the Board of Directors.
- STAFFING [Chair: Treasurer - Executive] Overall supervision of the staff and hiring when required.
- GRANT WRITING [Chair: Terri Pope]
REPRESENTATIVES FOR EXTERNAL ORGANIZATIONS
BIA: Keita Inoue, Community Watch: Dolf Jensen, Economic Development: Jim Farmilo, Sign By-law: Julia Hinds